We are excited to invite you to join the Global Conference on Services Management (GLOSERV 2017), which will be held during October 3-6, 2017 at SIAF, International School of Advanced Education campus in Volterra, Italy. Volterra is a historical town in the heart of Tuscany region of Italy, founded by the Etruscans three thousand years ago, rises 550 meters above sea level and affords a spectacular panoramic view of the Cecina valley and the Era valley. Only an hour from Pisa, Florence and Siena with an ideal climate and timeless atmosphere, Volterra is a perfect location for a wide range of leisure and cultural activities including health and fitness, excursions, guided tours, country walks, food and wine tasting. GLOSERV Conferences are organized by Association of North America Higher Education International (ANAHEI) , a non-profit organization, and Institute for Research on Innovation and Services for Development and sponsored by University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida , USA.
Keynote speakers for GLOSERV 2017 will be:
- Dr. Levent Altinay, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Dr. Po-Ju Chen, University of Central Florida
- Mr. Elliott Falcione, Bradenton Area Convention And Visitors Bureau
- Dr. Fevzi Okumus, University of Central Florida
GLOSERV 2017 aims to bring together researchers, scientists, scholar and graduate students to exchange and share their experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of services management and discuss the practical challenges encountered and the solutions adopted. English is the official language of the conference. We welcome paper submissions.
- Abstract submissions deadline: June 30, 2017
- Final submissions deadline: August 15, 2017
- Early-bird registration deadline: August 15, 2017
- Conference dates: October 3-7, 2017
Authors will have an opportunity to publish the abstract or full paper in the conference proceedings (ISSN). In addition, selected papers from GLOSERV conference will be invited to be submitted to special issues or regular issues of leading journals including Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (ESCI Indexed Journal), International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management(SSCI Indexed Journal), International Interdisciplinary Business-Economics Advancement Journal, and Service Industries Journal (SSCI Indexed Journal).
Additionally, selected papers will be invited to be considered for a special issue “Service
experience innovation in hospitality and tourism” in International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (SSCI Indexed Journal).
Special Issues for GLOSERV
- International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management (SSCI Indexed Journal)
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (ESCI Indexed Journal)
Papers from all service industries such as management, entrepreneurship, hospitality, tourism, banking, technology, marketing and financial management are welcome.
Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
- Services Design & Innovation
- Innovation service management
- Innovation and development in service management
- Innovation in service experience
- Co-creation and enhancement of service experience
- Services Information Technology & E-Business
- Use of technology in services
- Impact of social media & communication innovations in services
- Use of robots in services
- Use of biometric technologies in services
- Futuristic technologies in services
- Social Media in services
- Creating Value in Delivering and Managing Services
- Creating value in service management
- Creating value in service experience
- Operations & delivery
- Revenue management, economics & strategic pricing of services
- Marketing, brand building & delivery of services
- Governance, stakeholder & community issues
- Corporate social responsibilities of service organizations; family-ownership
- Entrepreneurship in services, leadership issues & ethics of services organization
- Growth, franchising & expansion challenges of service organizations
- Service quality, customer satisfaction, life satisfaction & quality
- Business Development
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Finance & Accounting
- Tourism Policy, Planning and Development
- Factors influencing demand for tourism
- International Human Resource Management (selection and recruitment, training, motivation, commitment, employee satisfaction)
- Market entry modes and market selection strategies
- International networks, partnerships and strategic alliances
- Internationalization strategies of service firms
- The role of organizational learning/knowledge transfer in the internationalization process
- International Financial Management (e.g reporting, performance measurement)
- Globalization and its impact on service sectors and/or firms
- The role of headquarters and subsidiaries in the process of internationalization
- Human resource management
- Training service employees
- Turnover issues in services
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Economic, Cultural and Social aspects of Tourism
- Responsible Business
- Consumers and tourists attitudes towards climate change
- Climate Change and Tourism Destinations
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Risk assessment and Crisis management strategies of organizations/destinations
- Financial Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Stakeholder management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Marketing and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Ethics and Marketing
- Ethics and Human Resource Management
- Ecology and Environmental management
- Services Marketing and Branding
- Benchmarking strategies for services brands
- Brand development, Internal branding, Corporate branding
- Brand equity, Global brand equity
- Brand image, Symbolic consumption of brands, Brand attachment
- Brand loyalty
- Brand personality, destination personality
- Building brand campaigns in the services industry
- Challenges for marketing service brands
- Co-branding in the service industry
- Customer satisfaction with service brands
- Emotions and service brands
- Managing global and national service brands
- Online brands
- Pricing strategies for service brands
- Research Methods
- Different Research Strategies and Approaches
- Data Collection techniques and their application
- Research Access
- Qualitative data analysis
- Quantitative data analysis
*All documents should be written in only word document (.doc or .docx) formats.
- Abstract only* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Full paper* should be minimum 3,000 words (excluding reference list and acknowledgements and appendices if applicable)
- Roundtable discussions* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Symposium presentations* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
- Poster presentations* should be minimum 1,000 words (excluding reference list).
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION INCLUDING “NAME, UNIVERSITY, AFFILIATION, AND CONTACT ADRESS” IN THE “SUBMISSION” DOCUMENT AS THIS CONFERENCE USES DOUBLE BLIND PEER REVIEW PROCESS.
After your submission is accepted, you are required to:
(1) send your abstract or completed full paper in required conference format
(2) make your full payment first and register.
At least one of the authors must register for the conference, otherwise the paper or abstract will not be published in the conference proceedings.
There will be no refunds on cancellations received after August 1, 2017. For cancellations please contact us.
Dr. Cihan Cobanoglu, McKibbon Endowed Chair Professor, USF Sarasota-Manatee & President of ANAHEI, Florida,USA
Dr. Fred DeMicco, ARAMARK Endowed Chair Professor, University of Delaware, Delaware, USA
Dr. Patrick J. Moreo, Dean & Professor, University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee, Florida, USA
Dr. Alfonso Morvillo, Director, Institute for Research on Innovation and Services for Development, Napoli, Italy
GLOSERV has a distinguished Scientific Committee and Paper Review Members